Frustrated...again.

So, here we go again. This rollercoaster of a journey is sometimes just too much. After losing 5 pounds last week, i was hoping I was back on a steady stream of weight loss after that 3+ week stall. But since monday, i've only lost 1 pound, today is saturday. It's so frustrating. I'm watching every single thing I eat, writing it down, sticking to the guides and drinking water like crazy. I don't understand why my journey seems to be so slow? I keep reading message boards, and how men typically lose faster than women with RNY and the first couple of months are the best months for weight loss----WELL THAT IS NOT MY STORY! I can't fathom how these guys have lost 100+ pounds in 3 months, and here I am at 2 months only down 31 pounds post surgery. I just don't get it. I'm just praying that i'm not about to hit another stall after only losing 9 pounds since the last stall. That will surely drive me insane.

So for about 9 weeks, i'm down 31 pounds---sometimes I feel like it hasn't been worth it yet---I could have been down an average 3 pounds a week w/out surgery....where is the payoff? I assumed much later down the road it would slow down, say at 6+ months post op. But being slow this early is just so unexpected. I know everyone is different and every journey is different, but I can't seem to be satisfied with that rationale. I'm getting depressed all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment