Delayed reaction?

So, for the first 6 weeks of this journey, I feel like I did very well health wise. Yes, the first week or so was very trying---pain from the incisions and gas were horrible. But that's to be expected with ANY major surgery. But following that, I felt absolutely fine, but the weird thing was, absolutely nothing I drank or ate seemed to make me sick to my stomach or throw up at all. It was kind of weird to me. Then the stall hit and I wondered why my journey seemed to be so different from everyone else's.

I don't know if my body just had a delayed reaction or what. But in the last 3 days, i've thrown up twice! The first time, I wasn't even upset, i was glad to be "normal" and had something that upset my stomach (lol, i know i'm weird). But this second time just baffles me now. It was because I had maybe 4 spoons of grits. Not a lot at all. Then I just felt sick, like it wasn't going down and it was painful. The weird thing is, i've had grits several times in the past over the last 6 weeks---and I was fine. Today, all hell broke lose, and I threw every last drop of it up.

So did my body just have a delayed reaction? Am I just now starting to go through what people went through at 1 week out? Guess that's another question i'll have for my doc today when I go to see him.

Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment