Is it finally over?

The last couple of weeks have been very hard/stressful to say the least. I'm still dealing with this early on stall...and it's taken it's toll on me. I never knew this journey could be so emotional. But i've been in a small depression as of late. Feelings of failure, regret, hopelessness, etc have all reared it's ugly head. I keep reading about other people's journey, and the amount of weight loss they had in the early months....and mine does not coincide at all. For more than 3 weeks i've been stuck at the same #, and it's hard---I just don't know what to do.

To make matters worse, I was freaking out so much, that I called the doctor's office and spoke with the LPN. I know she didn't mean to, but she only made matters worse for me. She said in all the time she's been working with this doctor, she hasn't seen/heard anything like this from a bypass patient so early. :( Now I know from talking with people online that a stall at week 3 happens in many, but not everyone. But hearing her say that made me feel 10x worse. I told her what I was eating, the excersizes I was doing, and everything seemed to line up with what I should be doing. I'm not in any pain, haven't been sick---so why is my body taking so long to get over the "shock" of weight loss? Well....she had no answers, so instead she moved my appointment up 2 weeks from july 15th to july 1st. So there it is, i'll be seeing the doc in 2 days.

This morning when I got on the scale, it was down 1 pound. I don't want to get my hopes up. But prayerfully, this is the end of my stall and I start losing weight again on a steady basis. Keep your fingers crossed.

Here are weeks 5 & 6 weight tracker :




Although the scale isn't showing me what I want to see, I must say, that my clothes are feeling much looser, and when I go to a store, I notice i'm dropping sizes. I've dropped 3 pants sizes and 1-2 shirt sizes depending on the shirt. I took a snap shot of my face today, and I can see a difference in my face at least, as compared to my pre-op face. I guess that's something to be proud of, right? :

No comments:

Post a Comment