Week 2 results!

Well, my 2nd full week post op was very interesting to say the least. But before I get into that, here are my weight loss results for the 2nd week :


Another 8.5 pounds down. I haven't been below 300 pounds in, well I don't even know how long. At least 7 years or so. So this is very exciting for me, and prayerfully, I'll never see a 300 or more on the scale again!

As I mentioned before, this week was interesting. A better word would be HARD. Late in the week, I started to get intense cravings and feelings of hunger. The hunger feelings really scared me, because I had gotten used to not being hungry at all, and loved it. It's been 3 weeks that I haven't had a piece of solid food at all. Nothing but water (including broth) & nutrition shakes has finally taken it's toll on me. I'm tired of it. And it's to the point where I just rather not drink anything rather than force that stuff down.

It got really bad, and I contemplated just jumping to puree'd foods at that point. I just didn't care. I wanted to TASTE something, because I THOUGHT I was hungry.

Just before I took that plunge, I emailed someone I met online (TJ) who has been through this and had amazing results. I needed some advice and some help asap. TJ, who is a godsend, successfully talked me out of making a mistake of moving too fast. He also explained that my head hunger (which was truly what it was) was playing tricks on me. Craving for food and your head hunger can truly make you think you are physically hungry, when you're not. After several emails back and forth, I finally realized just what I was going through. I made some broth, and everything was fine. Thank God for TJ.

Also during that time, I had my first "regret" moment. I got really down, and wondered why I even put myself through this. It was especially hard this weekend because my mom through a party for her boyfriend, and there was FOOD GALORE around. I even cooked some of the food for her. What a test it was to cook food I couldn't taste (I relied on others to tell me if it needed more seasoning or things like that). Then when it was time to eat, I had to politely excuse myself and go sit in the car. I'm only 2 weeks post op, I'm not strong enough to be around tons of food like that, when I havent eaten in about 21 days.

Let's just say, it's been a LONG week. I'm glad I made it through, and puree is right around the corner (wednesday), and I know that in the long run, this will all be worth it. I just need to be strong for now.

Talk to you soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment