Changing taste buds

It's amazing to me that somehow after the surgery, certain things just don't taste the same to you. I've heard this before I had the surgery from a friend of mine, and i've also read it online from others who are post-op. Now, lucky me, i'm starting to experience this.

Now, i'm only on liquids still....so I don't know if certain foods will turn me off now, but pre-op, I would LOVE drinking my fruit2o flavored waters. It was the only way I could get all my water in to help me lose the pre-op weight. I used to stock up on it in bulk, and loved it. Now....I just don't like the taste. It's really weird. It just "bothers" me, and sometimes, I just can't stand to take a sip of it. So that leaves me w/ just plain ol' water, or crystal light. I don't have a problem with crystal lite as long as it's diluted enough. So it looks like that is my option right now.

But....i'm scared to see what foods that I liked pre-op that will now turn me off. The next couple of months should be very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment