Bloating & Gas

Right after my surgery, I had some pain, but not a lot, so I thought this was going to be a breeze. But maybe I spoke too soon. I'm home now, and although i'm not in terrible pain, the incision spots are still very sore and they do cause discomfort. But I think that's to be expected. The major issue I'm seeming to have at this moment is bloating and gas. My goodness, it's terrible. My stomach is incredibly bloated right now. And I can feel the gas moving/rumbling inside of me, but it won't "come out" if you know what I mean. It's a terrible feeling.

You know me, so i've done some internet research on it, and it appears this is very common for the 1st week or more post-op. So i'm going to give it some time, I guess i'm just a worry-wart. My major concern is keeping hydrated. I need to make sure i'm getting enough water in, but because of the bloating / gas, drinking is very uncomfortable right now. I have this constant full feeling, and drinking makes me feel OVER stuffed and it's hard to drink at all.

The doctors and online research say walking a lot can help with the gas issue. So i'm gonna start walking today. I'm just hoping this issue resolves itself soon, i'm so uncomfortable.

2 comments:

TJNyte@yahoo.com said...

Trust me, I know how you feel. I remember that first week after surgery like it was yesterday. The gas is crazy. Just try to get in whatever water you can and know that gas strips are your friend. I found that sitting in a hot steamy shower made me feel better for some reason....so I did that for like 30 minuts at a time about 10 times a day.

Hit me up man if you got any questions or need some advice.

Jeffery L. Hill Jr said...

Its so funny reading your comment, almost 2 years later, who would have thought we'd be best friends by now? So glad u found my blog friend. :)

Post a Comment