Pre-op Liquid Diet = Torture

So, i'm 5 days pre-op, and officially on this liquid diet. This is crazy. I've lost like 6 pounds in the last 2 days. An all liquid diet is much harder than i though it would be. I can only have low carb protein drinks, water, and sugar free jello. It's crazy.

It's weird because, i've done some research online, and different doctors require different things for the pre-op diet. Some doctors allow you to have vegetables, broth, or even a small sensible meal for dinner only. Some doctors want 2 weeks of all liquids, luckily mine only requires 5, but no solids, no broths only the shakes/water/jello.

But genius me, I decided to do it for 7 days to give my liver extra time to get smaller. I'm now regretting putting myself through 2 extra days of this terror. LMAO. I mean, this gets me used to how i will need to eat after the surgery for a couple of weeks, but I feel like it'll be a little easier post-op, because for 1 I won't be as hungry all the time with the smaller stomach, and 2, liquids will be all i can probably handle at first anyway without it coming back up. But going from an 1800 calorie diet (the diet plan the dietitian put me on) to a roughly 500-600 calorie all liquid diet with the same size stomach is...let's just say hell. But it's a necessary evil, so I will comply. I'm already below the doctor's required weight he wanted for me on surgery day, so i'm not under any pressure to drop more pounds pre-op, but this is solely for me to shrink my liver so that it's easier for the doctor to work around it on surgery day.

Guess I'll go drink some water now.....pray for me. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment