12 days to go until surgery, and now i'm on blood pressure meds

Honestly, i've been lucky I think. Being the size that i am, I haven't had many health related issues. No diabetes (thank God), all bloodwork good (Except for low vitamin D), and no major ailments or anything like that. However, my blood pressures has either been high, or on the "high side of normal" for quite some time now. Every time I go to a doctor, they say, 'keep on eye on it'. Just a couple of weeks ago it was a whopping 190/100. Craziness. But the next day it was normal.

So I had my final appt today with my primary care physician, so that she could give me clearance for the actual surgery. Well, no surprise, my blood pressure was high again. I believe it was 140/100.

I've been told over and over again, that as soon as you have the surgery, rather quickly your blood pressure falls back into line when your losing the weight. With only 12 days to go, i thought i'd be in the clear to go into surgery w/out being on any meds. Guess that wasn't the plan for me. My doc has officially put me on BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION! Sigh....I guess that's just a reality of being this large. But not for long, i'll take the meds for the next week and a half, but prayerfully if things go well, I wont be on this medication long.

12 days and counting, i'm not as nervous anymore, but more ready for my life to change!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment